- Matt Ritter
Matt Ritter's instructional video Bass Drum Techniques for Today's
Drummer - Unburying the beater is great for the beginning drummer to the
seasoned professional. Matt tackles a very neglected aspect of playing the
drum set which is Bass drum techniques. Furthermore in this video he
teaches his own bass drum style "Unburying the beater" which is a hybrid
of heal down and burying the beater allowing the drum set artist to
achieve speed with out sacrificing sound quality.
Matt gets very in
depth describing the physics, physiology and mechanics that's involved with
playing the bass drum. He teaches you proper stool placement and
height as well as drum set setup, he goes over the pedal its mechanics and
describes how to find its sweet spot.
Matt Ritter's video "Bass Drum
Techniques for Today's Drummer - Unburying the Beater" is a 2 hour 16 minute
professional quality instructional video and is a must for the beginner
to the professional wanting to learn lightning fast single bass drum
techniques such as played by John Bonham, Neil Peart, Vinnie Colaiuta and
many other great drummers with out Burying the beater and sacrificing
Bass Drum Techniques website
Matt Ritter Music
- Reviewed by Sean Chaney. Sean's experience ranges from instruction and performance on the set to marching percussion. He is the webmaster of Drumserver.com.
DVD "Bass Drum Techniques for Today's Drummer"
In this DVD Matt's focus is on achieving great speed, accuracy, and sound quality from the bass drum. Many principals outlining the different aspects of the bass drum for different purposes.
Finally! The world's first video to thoroughly explain EVERY DETAIL of how to master the art of playing the bass drum!
- In-depth analysis of common
bass drum methods
- A state-of-the-art bass drum approach designed to meet the demands of today's music
- Setting up your drums for
maximum comfort and efficiency
- Adjusting your pedal settings
- How to get a powerful, resonant sound
- Single Strokes
- Consecutive Single Strokes
- Multiple Strokes
- FAST Multiple Strokes
- Double Strokes
- Consecutive Double Strokes
("John Bonham triplets")
- Toe/Ball Double Strokes
- The Slide
- Double Strokes Followed By More Notes
- Practical applications of the various
bass drum techniques
(addresses potential difficulties and concerns)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- And more!!